The HR Specialist is responsible for providing support for the human resources functions of the organization. The specialist is responsible for a wide range of HR activities, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training and development, and HR administration. The HR Specialist works closely with HR management and collaborates with various departments to ensure the effective implementation of HR policies and procedures.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Assist in the recruitment process by sourcing candidates, conducting initial interviews and supporting the selection and onboarding of new employees.
- Draft job descriptions and job advertisements, and post them on relevant job boards and platforms.
- Coordinate the onboarding process, including conducting orientations, reviewing & reporting of the orientation evaluation forms to the Head of HR.
Employee Relations and Performance Management:
- Support employee relations by addressing employee inquiries, providing guidance on HR policies and procedures, and assisting with conflict resolution.
- Assist in the performance management process by coordinating performance appraisals, providing support in setting performance goals, and maintaining performance evaluation records.
Training and Development:
- Identify training and development needs by managing the skills gap analyses in coordination with the Head of HR and collaborating with department managers.
- Coordinate and/or deliver training programs, workshops, and seminars on various HR-related topics.
- Manage the process of an accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personnel files, HR databases, and other HR-related documentation.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of HR policies, procedures, and employee handbooks.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay up-to-date with relevant labor laws, regulations, and industry best practices to ensure HR compliance.
Skills & Knowledge
- A bachelor degree in HR or a related field.
- Proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist.
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Solid understanding of labor laws and payroll process.
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Team management skills.