Delivers workplace learning, service improvement programs, and initiatives to best achieve long-term business success; adds value in meeting the hotel’s needs by identifying and implementing learning and performance improvement strategies that support the hotel’s strategic direction; promotes a continuous learning culture; partners with stakeholders to ensure employees are trained on the needed skills to successfully perform their jobs to attain service excellence.
- University degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in adult education or a similar environment.
- Experience in Hotel operations, preferably luxury hospitality or other service environments.
- Manages and facilitates the on-boarding for new employees.
- Ensures new managers to the company are given the knowledge and skills to successfully complete their 90-day probationary period through the New Manager Orientation program
- Manages an effective standards training program, including maintaining the Departmental Training program implementation and follow--up
- Managing college and Hotel school interns, completing a structured program with learning objectives.
Management and Leadership training
- Facilitates and/or coaches others to facilitate management development programs.
- Assists Managers with writing their development plans, ensuring the contents are focused on experience-based learning
- Partners with hotel management teams to determine performance gaps and advise on actions.
- Coaches managers to ensure the necessary training and learning is conducted in departments on a consistent basis
Learning Plans and Design
- Bases the direction for learning on a thorough Learning Needs Analysis, creates and produces a Training Plan that is aligned to property’s goals & budget cycle.
- Designs solutions for learning needs by rapidly creating and developing learning programs that target performance gaps and management competencies
- Evaluates the effect of training programs and initiatives through measuring results and monitoring behavioral change
- Plans and executes property-wide change initiatives, including service, company-wide change and other large-scale projects related to growth and learning
- Actively pursues personal growth in the areas of training and learning, pursuing certifications or expertise in a learning discipline
- Adult learning styles and principles
- Needs Assessment methodologies and learning needs identification
- Learning technologies
- Theories and types of evaluation for measuring program financial impact, such as Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels
- Project planning tools and processes
- Communication and influencing strategies
- Basic budgeting, accounting and financial management
- Current on industry trends affecting workplace learning