- Assist in conceptualizing the newly established Think Tank’s vision and mission in the area of Gender, Economics and Development.
- Assist in the design and coordination of research projects, including identification of junior researchers, organization of meetings and conferences; supervision of consultants involved in the projects; and ensure quality outputs produced.
- Coordinate and schedule data collection, observe practice, interview with key stakeholder and conduct focus groups.
- Assist in analyzing complex research data addressing project questions and assist in writing reports.
- Produce high-quality publications, including articles for the research center, quarterly newsletters and other research outreach materials. Contribute to flagship publications, research programs and special activities.
- Organize all tasks for international trainers including training session, booking flights, accommodation and catering, meeting documentation and serving as a liaison to speakers.
- Build and maintain regular contacts within the local and international research community.
- Coordinate team communications, website content development and data base.
- Track all dead-lines and ensure that all reports on the progress of the project is submitted within the required deadline.
- Carry out other activities as agreed by the Director.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence as a researcher in the field of gender and development.
- Communication: Excellent oral communication and writing skills in both English and Arabic. Ability to communicate effectively with different target audiences regarding substantive issues.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational and project goals. Builds consensus for project objectives with colleagues.
- Leadership: Takes intellectual leadership in substantive areas of work and demonstrates good management skills.
- Judgement/Decision-Making: Identifies critical issues for research relevant to the work; develops appropriate research methods and analyses data, drawing policy recommendations in accordance with the norms and objectives of the center.
A Master’s degree in Social Sciences or any related field, with a focus on gender and development.
- A minimum of five years of experience in development research at an academic or research institution. Up to two years research towards a PhD can be recognized as relevant experience.
- A proven publication record in the field of gender and development, and expertise in women in economics or policy reform is desirable.
- Experience in the management and supervision of research projects.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English with proven writing and editing skills.