Job Role & Responsibilities
- Has accountability for specific defined tasks and projects related to the procurement area (Procurement Transformation, Procurement Process Design & Optimization, Procurement Policies & Procedures, Procurement Spend Analytics, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Target Operating Model … etc). Proactively keeps senior team members informed of developments or risks.
- Has accountability for specific defined tasks and projects related to the Supply Chain area (SC Demand Planning and Manufacturing, Inventory Management, SC Warehousing, SC Network Optimization, SC Process Design & Optimization, SC Policies & Procedures… etc). Proactively keeps senior team members informed of developments or risks.
- Owns certain deliverables, including project/engagement planning and administration, drafts/reviews of outputs and participates actively in client interactions.
- Completes reports writing, presentations and proposal preparation with minimal guidance.
- Begins to identify possible opportunities that can add value to the business and shares them with senior members of the team.
- Maintains an awareness of market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Executes projects to a level that meet member firm’s Quality standards within a commercial context.
- Shares knowledge with their colleagues/teams and contributes to the development of knowledge resources.
- Seek direction from senior team members to start establishing networks with clients and across professional bodies and associations.
- This Role may involve frequent traveling as per the project needs.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a consulting firm or an environment where same skills were developed (big-4 experience is a plus)
- Experience with Procurement/Supply Chain Transformation Projects, including Maturity Assessment, Operating Model Design, Process Design etc.
- Experience in developing Procurement/Supply Chain Policies and Procedures based on the business needs.
- Some experience in the Performance Management (Performance & Service-based Operations).
- Knowledge and experience with the Saudi New Procurement Law.
- Project Management Experience.
- Strong analytical skills that help in articulating the business issues and needs, in addition to technical skills including reporting, business writing, benchmarking, structuring… etc.
- Soft skills including problem solving, decision making, leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Preferable “Sector” Specific Experience in one of the following sectors: Public Sector, FMCG, Construction, Oil & Gas, Healthcare, Transport, Education or IT/Technology.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Industrial Engineering is preferred) or a Master’s in business administration
- Any Certifications or advanced courses related to procurement such as MCIPS is a plus